Saturday, July 17, 2010

you say tomato

I say tomahhhhhto. Especially when they come from one neighbor's garden and the recipe comes from another neighbor's kitchen. This dish is simple and scrumptious, two perfect ingredients for any supper.

Cathlean's Tomato Pie

1 pie crust
3 large tomatoes, sliced 1/2-inch thick
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tbs fresh basil, chopped
1 tbs good olive oil
salt and pepper

Place unbaked crust in pie dish. Layer the cheese over crust and sprinkle with basil. Place the tomatoes on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until crust is golden.

3 comments:

phonelady said...

I think i will make this when I get some really good fresh tomatoes . thanks and it sounds delish .

Julie said...

I so love the look of these ripe tomatoes. I keep coming back to gaze on them. Our tomatoes on the west coast are still a month away from looking like yours. Once they do I will make Cathlean's Tomato Pie.

My Little Bungalow said...

Oh, this sounds so good! It makes me look forward to summer and tomatoes from the farmers' market. I will definitely try this recipe. Thanks for sharing it.