Saturday, March 5, 2011

suits me to a tea

Conundrum #317 of motherhood is that if you take a child to the pediatrician for a check-up, you are bound to get sick shortly thereafter. This is day six of a respiratory virus that's included non-stop hacking, a razor raw throat and laryngitis that took me from raspy to radio silent midweek. Head hurting, no appetite, no energy, no fun. I think I've turned a corner, though. The idea of a walk today is appealing. So is going to the Fresh Market and buying this cute orange canister of tea.

2 comments:

My Little Bungalow said...

Hope you feel better very soon!

Bellezza said...

Oh, love the happy color and the happy name! I've been suffering under the worst 'cold' (doubt that's an accurate name for what I've got)...I'd say my head became a snot factory if that wouldn't sound so gross. So, I'm not going to say it. I'll just drink tea with you.

I always loved it when my son got sick, because then he'd let me take care of him. We'd read together, drink tea, lay on the couch. It was great.