Sunday, April 10, 2011

faith song

A bird's song already exists inside the egg in a nest. While I'm not capturing his eloquence whatsoever, this is a take-away thought from a beautiful message by Episcopal priest, Jungian analyst and writer Pittman McGehee who visited Christ Church this weekend. As I understood it, the bird's song is the divine that is present within each of us even before we are born - our gifts, that which gives our lives meaning, our truest self - and we are called to bring this forth in our life. I sat outside in the April sun most of the afternoon, listening to the birds. And hoping to hear a few notes of my own.
(Plate 424 of Birds of America by John James Audubon depicting I. Lazuli Finch - . Crimson-necked Bull-Finch - . Gray-crowned Linnet - . Cow-pen Bird - . Evening Grosbeak - . Brown Longspur)

No comments: