Thursday, June 30, 2011

are we having fun yet?

It's funny to be facing July Fourth weekend feeling like I've nearly forgotten how to have fun. Back in the day I was actually quite good at it. I roller skated like a fiend, jumped rope, pogo sticked and played endless games of Authors and Old Maid, Clue, Score Four, Masterpiece and Monopoly. I splashed entire days away in the Palma Ceia pool, loved racquet ball, hit a few golf and tennis balls, rode a tandem bike, rode the waves in a 14-ft Hobie Cat sailboat with my dad, gathered shells on Sanibel and Anna Maria Islands, dove for scallops in Tarpon Springs and even water-skiied across crystal clear Kingsley Lake. Just thinking about those times - and that girl - is fun. And a reminder that there's more where that came from.

1 comment:

Malea said...

I have been feeling the same way! Where did that feeling come from? I will try thinking back on my childhood, and all of the fun I had then. And, of course of all the fun things I do with my son. Maybe I will be inspired...

Thanks for reminding me to live a little this weekend!