Friday, December 16, 2011

soothing words

How are you today? I want to be helpful. Tell me what to do. I'm thinking of you. Three simple phrases offered up in a heartbreaking post about holiday grief etiquette, but appropriate anytime. If not in the throes of it ourselves or with prior sad experience, then most of us know loved ones, friends or co-workers who are grieving or going through a major difficulty right now. This the nature of life and it never takes a holiday. In fact, holidays can make things feel even more stark and desolate. Sometimes there can be a hesitancy to reach out because a situation is so overwhelming that our thoughts and words feel trivial and inadequate in the face of it. But reaching out in love and kindness is always right and might even make a tremendous difference. How are you today? I want to be helpful. Tell me what to do. I'm thinking of you.
(image: Pinterest)

No comments: