Saturday, February 25, 2012
Friday, February 24, 2012
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Sunday, February 12, 2012
Silver Palate Shortbread Hearts
¾ pound (3 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup confectioner’s sugar
3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, sifted
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup granulated sugar
1. Cream butter and confectioners’ sugar together until light.
2. Sift flour and salt together and add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla and blend thoroughly.
3. Gather dough into a ball, wrap in wax paper or plastic wrap, and chill for 4-6 hours or overnight.
4. Roll out chilled dough to 5/8-inch thickness. Cut out cookies using heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place cut-out cookies on ungreased cookie sheets and refrigerate for at least a half hour before baking.
5. Preheat over to 325 degrees.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until just starting to color lightly; cookies should not brown at all. Cool on a rack.