Monday, May 21, 2012

rising, shining

I'm the morning person in our domicile, the person who pads downstairs before anyone else and makes the coffee. Just the way we like it: rich and bold with a pinch of sugar, a splash of half & half. Then I deliver this elixir of goodness upstairs, along with the newspaper, to he who appreciates some extra winks. I try not to do anything while I'm having my coffee . . . except have my coffee. And think. About what's in my heart and on my plate that day. And how I can try to merge the two. I say a prayer and ask for a blessing. A fresh start is a pretty wonderful thing. Happily, it happens every day.  
(image)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet is that. Sounds like the perfect way to start each day.

Julie Hedlund said...

What a wonderful way to begin the day!

Julie said...

Ah Julie, I love this, and just like your "marshmallows" I now make at Christmas I might just need to adopt this way of starting the day...