Sunday, October 14, 2012

i say a little prayer

There's a reason why more than 15 million people have watched Aretha Franklin sing 'I Say A Little Prayer' on YouTube. When my minister played the clip a few weeks ago, not only was I filled with the sweetest good memories, but it struck me that I'd be so much better off if I started a prayer the moment I woke up and ended it before drifting off to sleep at night. A stream of consciousness going all day long:  Please bless this day, that particular person and the other people in line at the grocery store. Bless my relationships, my work and the responsibilities I shoulder. Bless my thoughts and intentions so that I am a blessing in the world. Bless the fray, as well as the quiet moments, and be present in all of it. I promise to be present, too. Amen.
(image)

No comments: