Monday, November 26, 2012

momentoes

For a limited time only. In ad layouts, we refer to this as a "call out." But what better call to action for the holidays? To keep the season from flurrying by, I've decided to collect moments this year. Small things that mean something special to me apart from the cultural commercial fray. Like taking the long way to work just to pass the Christmas tree lot.  And listening to Yo-Yo Ma's Songs of Joy & Peace in the car. I've got Dickens downloaded on my phone for reading on-the-go. And I don't want to miss a single frosty evening walk to see the magical light balls hanging from the trees up and down Hillside Avenue.

Today I took ian to the craft store after school for the makings of a Greek mask (well, he drove me with his new Learner's Permit) and then waited while he ran into Chick Fil A for "Milkshake Monday," which is when you get a free shake with the purchase of a sandwich.  Out he came with his snack . . . and a peppermint chocolate chip milkshake surprise for me. It was the sweetest #holidaymoment. And a reminder that there's no limit to joy.

No comments: