Thursday, June 27, 2013

how does your garden grow?

Henry manages a network of over 50 gardens at schools, churches and non-profit organizations across Charlotte where produce is cultivated for those who need more vegetables - and more love - in their diet. Arkon and I had the nicest meeting with him out in the fresh Tuesday morning air to discuss an initiative to mobilize backyard gardeners in the effort. "There are two kinds of people," he said. "Those who operate from a place of abundance and those who operate from a place of scarcity. People who garden always seem to be the abundant type." I think about the gardeners I know and this really does ring true. I've let my small garden plot go and there's probably a metaphor in that, too. I need to bring it back to life and see what it has to teach me about mine. 

No comments: