Tuesday, February 11, 2014

handshake or kiss?

Dip a toe in or a to-heck-with-my-hair-and-how-i-look-in-a-bathing-suit plunge into the ocean waves? There comes a time when we all must make such choices. Because life happens on the other side of holding back and holding in your stomach. It can be scary, daunting, exhilarating, unnerving. And the results may not be what you hoped for, so there could be embarrassment and disappointment. I've put myself out there a time or ten when things didn't pan out. But all of that pales in comparison to the best job I ever got, the writing that was published, the friends made and, yes, even the person I called to say I enjoyed meeting who asked me to marry him a month later. Handshake or kiss? What a great Valentine question. Definitely go with the kiss.

No comments: