Friday, April 17, 2015

peeps on pages

EXHIBIT 1:  Address book. A relic of an ancient era used for cataloguing one's nears and dears. An aid to staying connected. 

The address book is back in vogue at my house. No longer merely a "contact" on a digital list, my nears and dears once again have their own handwritten entry in a little book of love and remembrance. I found this one untouched on a closet shelf yesterday and realized how much I miss the analog life when it comes to correspondence. The paper, pens and pencils. The physical, almost magical forming of thoughts into letters into words. So today I'm transcribing my peeps onto the empty pages. Picturing their faces, thinking about their lives and where I fit into each one. It feels good. It feels real. It feels like love.

No comments: