Friday, March 4, 2016

the kids next door

So the house next door is now a rental property. It's where my bestie Dr. Mac lived for decades until his death in 2011. We've been super lucky so far with fine people moving through, but it's been vacant since Christmas and the emptiness was really starting to get me down. Then, I came home one sunny, spring-like afternoon this week to find the most adorable family with two (!) children having a picnic on a blanket in their new backyard. Since they're moving from Florida and it's still pretty grey here, I thought they needed some Suarez Bakery flower cookies as a harbinger of things to come. Then I saw the rainbow dinosaurs, which captured how I felt even more. So I got both.

1 comment:

My Little Bungalow said...

They're lucky to have you as a next-door neighbor, Julie!